Do you own or manage a local business? What are the biggest marketing challenges you face daily?
I speak to business owners every day and I constantly hear the same complaint over and over again…
“I hear that most marketing programs and other forms of advertising don’t work!”
There are several reasons why your current marketing strategy isn’t working. And I’m not going to tell you to spend more money either.
This is another complaint I hear, “I’m a small local business and I just don’t have the resources the big companies have to compete.”
There are countless marketing strategies you can implement to get the word out about your business but I recommend that you start with Digital Marketing first.
Why use Digital Marketing?
According to the definition: Digital Marketing is an umbrella term for the targeted, measurable, and interactive marketing of products or services using digital technologies to reach and convert leads into customers and retain them.
With digital marketing you can control the cost much better and it’s trackable and measurable.
When you use traditional forms of advertising like a billboard, it’s very expensive and you have to hope someone that needs your product or service passes by your ad at the exact time they need you. Then, you have to hope the customer found your ad so enticing, it compelled them to contact you.
Now let’s assume you’re are currently using digital marketing but you claim it doesn’t work.
The following is list of the top 6 reasons your digital marketing may not be working;
- You are not marketing your business correctly online
- The public cannot find your business online, (i.e. you haven’t claimed your Google Plus page and other directories.)
- You haven’t embraced social media and or you are not using it properly
- You are not monitoring your online reputation and have a poor rating on search engines
- You are not consistent in your marketing and give up way to quick on your strategies.
- You haven’t seeked out the advice of a local marketing expert