Can your business be found on directories online? I hope you know the answer to that question, but if you don’t, I’m going to help you understand the importance of getting your business listed in the correct directories. I’m also going to give you the top 7 Places Your Business needs to be listed to get noticed online.
Do you remember back in the day, when you reached for a phone to look up a business phone number? If you do, you’re probably over the age of 35.
When was the last time you actually held a phone book in your hand? There are definitely a few physical directories still being published, but most people don’t use them. IF I even get one left at my doorstep or sent to me by mail, I quickly toss it into the trash. I don’t want that clutter in my house or office and most people don’t either.
And to be blunt, who would use a phone book when you own a smartphone, tablet or computer? The use of the physical Yellow Pages has declined over 50 percent in the last five years. Most people now conduct a quick search of a business on one of countless popular online directories or search engines.
THAT’S WHY IT’S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOUR BUSINESS IS LISTED ON ONLINE DIRECTORIES!
Did I get my point across in that last sentence?
Since internet searches are now the primary way that most businesses are found today, it’s vital to make sure your business is listed on all applicable online directories.
Why should your business be listed on online directories?
The main reason for business directory listings is to get a high-quality flow of traffic to your website. More traffic equals more eyeballs which in turn, leads to an increase of sales.
Business directory submissions have been proven to help businesses increase revenues.
So, what are Web Business Directories? Answer: They are a group of web pages that contain subjects and content that match up to your product or service.
These directories help web surfers find effortlessly the websites they are interested in and looking for. Business Directory submissions make your website more admired over the internet and assist you in getting more traffic from those that are actively searching for what you have to offer.
Business directory submissions are often overlooked and I’m here to tell you it works. The following are some benefits of getting your business listed:
- It helps your website get ranked well in Google and other major search engines.
- Get high quality permanent one-way back link to your website.
- Improve your website link popularity. (This improves the popularity of your website)
- This provides another point of contact between you and potential customers.
- Enhances your company’s name recognition among potential clients.
- Possibility to find your business information on the Google map business directory.So now that you now know the importance of business directory submissions, I’m going to give you the Top 7 Places Your Business Needs to be Listed Online!
- Google Places for Business – This listing for your business is a MUST! It’s the #1 Search engine online in the world!
- Bing – Bing Paces for Business – Bing is the second most visited search engine on the internet.
- Yahoo! Local Listing – Yahoo is the internet’s 3rd most popular search engine.
- Yelp – Yelp is one of the best places on the internet for consumers to find quality reviews.
- MerchantCircle – MerchantCircle is an online directory that helps small businesses connect with local customers, and other local small businesses.
- Yellow Pages – Yellow Pages is the online version of a modern day phone book. They also offer advertising lead generation services and online payment options.
- White Pages – White Pages is the online equivalent of the white pages in a phone book. It’s a great way to make your business contact information available to over 200 million people.
If you’ve been looking for a way to get more customers and drive more traffic to your website and Directory Submission interest you, email me your contact information and I’ll email you back my FREE Report “The Power of Online Directories & How to Get Started fast!”
Email: [email protected]